Thursday, October 09, 2008

Jerry Jones Is Santa Claus.

High end retailer Neiman Marcus announced yesterday that in their famed Christmas catalog they will offer for sale one of the actual endzones from Texas Stadium. You can own a large (literally, it's 10 yards by 53 yards) piece of Dallas Cowboys history. I don't know where I'd put it, but how great would it be to own the actual Astroturf where Emmitt Smith dove for touchdowns, Doug Cosbie fired his imaginary six shooters and Troy Aikman was repeatedly concussed? On Friday nights when I was a child, I was allowed to stay up five minutes past the end of the "Dukes Of Hazzard" to watch the opening credits of "Dallas" just to see the overhead shot of the Cowboys' endzone. I want-no- I need this endzone.

What's that? What would I do with it?

Let's see, it would make the ultimate BBQ/game watching venue. Or perhaps the world's coolest putting green. I suppose the best way to honor the great Cowboys teams of the 90's would be to get some hookers and blow and party down. More likely I would just gaze lovingly at that big 'ol patch of fake grass.

Um, Bryan, that "big 'ol patch of fake grass" has an actual retail price of $500,000.

Oh. Perhaps I'll settle for watching the opening credits of "Dallas" on YouTube.

3 comments:

killer said...

i will buy it and burn it!!! muwhahahahahaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

I say we roll it out in the FedEx field parking lot, and let the Redskins fans have at it.

Bryan H said...

st4rbux- That's exactly what one of the hosts on Sportstalk 980 suggested. He suggested Snyder(he certainly has the dough) buy it so Skins fans had a place to let their dogs relieve themselves.