Tuesday, November 07, 2006

With Zero Precincts Reporting...



A few brief notes and questions on election day:

Has anybody else noticed that at every photo-op lately PA Sen. Rick Santorum has had that Phil Mickelson, bemused, "I may be a little medicated" smile plastered on his face? On the whole, I like Santorum ( I especially applaud his Autism research bill), but lately he has looked like a beaten man.

Am I naive to put my faith in electronic voting machines? I have read about the risks and some of the lab tests proving hacker accessibility, but most of us trust our lives to similar technology everyday. ATMs, credit card swipes and the internet all have dangers that we ignore.

Irrelevant, but neat- On the eve of Election Day, the Capitals defeated the Senators in NHL action last night.

I'd like to thank Bob and Kendall Erlich, Martin O'Malley and the host of other candidates who have jammed my voicemail box in recent weeks. Your "personal" messages have been sweet, but really, you shouldn't have. Also, your colorful signs have really added beauty to the landscape.

I suppose facing the gallows will make any man change his tune. Saddam Hussein now calls for reconciliation among Iraqi citizens-"I call on all Iraqis, Arabs and Kurds, to forgive, reconcile and shake hands," Saddam said. Why don't you do us all a favor and go shake hands with Allah, ass.

Finally, as always, If you don't vote today, don't bitch about the results tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for the phone calls, I received 2 identical calls from the same first lady in under 2 hrs. Come on, if you call me again, I'll think about losing your husband my vote. And still they call. I heard some statistic on the news the other day about how many Billion have been spent on political ads this election season. What a waste--think about what good all that money could actually be used for. All it does for me is make me hate both sides and think about voting independent in every race that's so overly contested.

Anonymous said...

You would be tired to if you had to smile for 700 miles a day for 3 solid months with a wife and 7 children!

It would be interesting to see the conversation between Sadamm and whoever will be manning the pearly gates on judgement day

ROBOTIMMS said...

I hate all those f-ing vote for banners and signs that litter the roadways...total sh!t and what a waste of money...what happened to getting out and meeting people? It seems to me that the money used to make and post them could be used in other ways. The messages are a joke too, how about knocking on my door, meeting me face to face to find out what matters to me, listen to me and assure me that you'll do your best and if you don't agree please explain why. There used to be a time when politicians did that, Tom Carper filled my dads gas tank and talked with him. Now it seems they only appear at fundraisers and black-tie dinners...where the money is$$$$.

Bryan H said...

I agree, Robert. We have one sign in our yard. The gentleman's name on it came to our door introducing himself as a county council candidate and asking if he could speak to us a few minutes. We invited him in and had a nice discussion about local issues. He was halfway out of the yard before he asked if it would be okay to put a sign in the yard. He earned my respect and my vote by going door to door.

Anonymous said...

Was it John Cannon? Because he was driving around Nutter's Crossing on Saturday in an RV with patriotic music blaring from loudspeakers on the top!

Bryan H said...

No, it was MJ Caldwell, who was hoofing it the old-fashioned way. I respected that he was literally going from house to house.