Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Presidential Balls

Boy, the president sure has some stones doesn't he? Where to begin? After years of denying any paralells between Iraq and Vietnam, the Prez now finds it convenient to compare an Iraq withdrawal with the withdrawal in Vietnam. I need to do more research, but I think he was even incorrect about the impact of civilian casualties in Cambodia that followed the Vietnam withdrawal.

I don't even know why he would even pick at the scab of Vietnam. One would think he'd try to keep from comparing his current effort to another bungled war that lasted too long and meandered through time with uncertain planning and focus. Did he reference Vietnam for the lessons learned? He and Deferment Dick certainly didn't learn any lessons first hand there. The speech today was as troubling as it was improbable.

As a side note- Mr al-Maliki needs a little attitude adjustment as far as I'm concerned. His balls are busting out of his pants as well - We "can find friends elsewhere". Are you kidding me? Why on earth are we staying on the ground in Iraq if the Iraqi government doesn't care whether we leave or not? Fuck off and take care of your own disaster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you sound really pissed off. I don't recall you swearing on your blog before...

Bryan H said...

I try not to swear here, but honestly that comment from al-Maliki really set me off. It just smacks of ingratitude for the sacrifices we've made as a nation. If they don't want us as friends, allies, etc let's get out of there.

Anonymous said...

Actually the best thing for Maliki may be to distant himself publicly from the US. I think the further he gets from the US, the more power he'll have to improve things in Iraq.