Saturday, January 21, 2006

It's Official:I'm A Loser

Okay, I admit it. I have a problem. I am not apologizing for it, mind you, just admitting it. I Despite the fact that I can feel my IQ dropping every time I watch it, I love ABC's Dancing with the Stars. I wish I could say I was stuck watching with my wife or that I had a gun to my head or that I was part of some well-paid focus group. But no, I just like it. Go ahead and laugh. I deserve it.

I usually hate most reality shows, especially ones with judges. I don't enjoy the judges on this one either and I certainly don't vote for my favorite star (A term to be used quite loosely with this group). I also cringe everytime the host, that Hollywood Squares guy, opens his mouth. I'd love to know what that guy's thinking everytime he has to read some lame intro or banter with some has-been. I bet it's something like, "Not again. Thank God I only have one more kid to put through college".

But even with all these troubles, I still love it. The music is great, the dancing is really athletic and intricate and the female dancers wear skimpy outfits. It has the perfect amount of cheesiness to it. On Friday they did some crazy 8 person ballroom dance to the Rocky theme song. I defy you to top that for cheesiness.

Besides, to paraphrase that old saying about Elvis, millions of people can't all be wrong, can they? Can they?

7 comments:

wolske said...

holy crap, that's hysterical. I thought you were going to say you were a fan of the Biggest Loser (thus, the Loser angle), but when I read "Dancing with the Stars" I laughed until I started to cry. good times.

killer said...

seriously..you are gay..i dont care what amanda says...

Bryan H said...

Glad I could provide some amusement.

Anonymous said...

When are they going to have break dancing with the stars?

Rob to the T!

Anonymous said...

I like it also and think it would be fun for you and Amanda to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing that Aunt to be is your sister in law. or "A"..is that just hopeful....or is there something I don't know going on!!!??? That's how these internet rumors get started you know.

I am guessing that you are also watching that roller babe show too..

Anonymous said...

Mary, I'm just a hopful you know I can't leave it alone. And yes I watch it every now and then it does come on pretty late.
Love Alvina