Wednesday, February 08, 2006

FINALLY

The iceman cometh and he bringeth an ice rink to Salisbury. (Assuming that the reports are true. I mean we've never been down this road before have we? We've never gotten excited over rumors of a new facility, been to meetings, seen blueprints and heard promises only to have our hopes dashed, have we? )

At the risk of counting the chickens before they hatch, I'd like to pass on the announcement that was made on last night's local newscast. The Crown sports facility, a remodeled factory in Fruitland that already houses lots of indoor soccer courts, has announced that they are building an ice rink in their building. Being the skeptic that I am, I called the place for details. I got precious few details, but they did confirm that they are building a full size rink designed with ice hockey in mind. It is slated to to be ready in a couple of months; more details will be available closer to the completion date. Killer coaches soccer there sometimes so he is going to play detective to hunt up some more news. Anyway, it is very cool news, but I will believe it when I see it. Why do I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that damn football?

5 comments:

wolske said...

you said "counting chickens", and you live in Salisbury - that's funny.

tip to Karen for that... I'm not that witty.

Bryan H said...

walked right into that one, didn't I?

wolske said...

I do wish you guys the best of luck with a rink. If you'll have me, I'd like to be your 15th man...

Anonymous said...

Man, it sure would be nice to an ice rink in the Salisbury area. I hate having to drive to Easton/Harrington to try and teach the boys to learn to skate. If they don't learn how to skate, how can they help me retire early with the NHL bonus??

A Flyers fan in Salisbury

Anonymous said...

Yeah, can't wait for the rink. I play four-five times a week, going as far as Columbia or Newark (but usually to Harrington), and it sucks. Fruitland is basically my backyard. I'll be fielding a team. Name's Laws, Mike Laws. See you out there.