Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My Fast isn't so Fast

My favorite new ad campaign is Volkswagen's Make Friends With Your Fast commercials. In them, guys are tempted by a little black speed demon that encourages them to drive fast even at the expense of other things like making their wives happy. My favorite shows a guy not letting his girlfriend roll up the window and then, when she continues to complain, telling her that he can't enjoy the drive with all the "yakety-yak". I saw another funny one tonight that showed a cop with a My Fast wearing aviator/cop sunglasses. Silly, but funny. Just like I like em.

I don't think they have the commercials on their website, but if you go here and click on "fast" you can see the speed demon(at least that's what I call him).

5 comments:

Rob said...

I like those spots too, commercials need to be funny these days. The little black speed demon is cool, no denying that, but he's no Globey.

wolske said...

I like 'em too. I like my fast. when I don't listen to my fast, bad things happen. sometimes bad things happen when I do listen to my fast, but it's not his fault. my wife hasn't been a passenger in my car for several months... she doesn't understand Fast.

speaking of commercials, I also really like the new ones with the Bass taunting the BassMaster (or whatever, I think it's for a tournament on TV or something). the one where the Bass sends a coffee back to the coach section from first-class, that's classic.

Bryan H said...

i haven't seen the bass commercials, they sound pretty funny though

Rob said...

and if you obey your fast... its only 15 minutes to Harlem.

ROBOTIMMS said...

I like the Emerald Nuts commercials, they're f-ing whacky!