Saturday, April 22, 2006

Welcome back, Lord Stanley.

A few brief observations after watching playoff hockey for the first time in two years:

-Double Overtime is still supercool.
-Jaromir Jagr is still a wuss.
-The Flyers Suck.
-You don't have to be a "big-name" goalie to be amazing in the playoffs.
-The Flames may lead the Ducks one game to none, but they are in a dead heat in the contest for the NHL's ugliest uniforms.

Here's hoping for eight more weeks of games as good as those we've seen over the first two days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PLAYOFF HOCKEY!
-I concur.
-I totally concur.
-I concur, but I will note that their goalie (Esche? Yes, Esche.) was very active. I enjoyed watching him very much. But I will ALWAYS hate the Flyers.
-Damn straight.
-Five out of five concurs! Woot!

Anonymous said...

If I cared about the Flyers I would say that you suck...but I don't....not really, even though they are supposed to be "our local team" ...I enjoy our semi-pro team...the Reading Royals...they practice and work out at my gym....that is pretty cool. I love watching Jack's face when they walk past him...total awe.
Aunt Mary