Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

A quick shout out to Baby Jesus , the real Reason for the Season. But there are other reasons to love the season. Among them:

Holding mistletoe over inapproriate body parts and hoping for the best.

Hearing words that , while perhaps not distinctly Christmas-y, are rarely used other times of the year- yule log, good tidings, jingle, manger, frankincense.

Watching the Chinese dudes sing "Deck the Halls" in A Christmas Story. Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra- ra-ra!

Counting your blessings, which this year include:

-My smart, talented wife Amanda

-A dedicated support network of family and friends (Some of whom even read this blog). I appreciate you all very much.

-A new job.

-Amanda and I have reconnected with old friends (Elisa, Jody and Matt and their families) and made new ones (Angela and her boys).

May you all have a warm and happy Christmas day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly!!! We all have a lot to be thankful for and the boys and I are happy that you and Amanda are apart of our lives! Even though you are a Cowboys fan, we love you anyways!!! Merry Christmas! Angela

Anonymous said...

Holding mistletoe over inapproriate body parts and hoping for the best.

Your mom just read that over my shoulder and shouted, (in my ear I may add...)
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You still can't call anybody.