Tuesday, March 27, 2007

You Had Me At Red, White And Blue.

This may be old news, but I first read it in today's Washington Post: The Caps will be returning to red, white and blue uniforms starting next season. Reebok was in town fitting players for unis yesterday. As far as I can tell no logo or scheme has been announced. Although they weren't as ugly as I feared, the Reebok all-star uniforms didn't do it for me. If it gets us some stars and stripes back, however, I can put up with the Jersey of the Future.

2 comments:

ROBOTIMMS said...

Those F-ing new uniforms look like something outta Lance Armstrongs closet. I agree, that like the Flyers ditching the ORANGE jerseys for black, the Caps upset the balance of the force by dropping the RED, WHITE, and BLUE for not only awful colors, but a bad logo. When will they learn that you NEVER upset the MOJO to try and make a few bucks.

Gladiator35 said...

As I pointed out, when I was last in DC, they were selling alot of red, white, and blue merchandise. Mostly OV t-shirts with the old Caps block lettering and number. I believe the new logo is going to have Capitals across the chest with a smaller version of the Cap building behind it. But I could be wrong. I think there is a version of it on the Caps message boards. Or someone is just screwing around.