Friday, May 04, 2007

Fancy Footwear.

Has anyone else grown tired of all these kids with wheels in their sneakers? These innocent looking shoes, concealing wheels, that in an instant can transform into roller derby crash machines. At the supermarket or at work I am nearly run over by kids flying around the corner. Sometimes they are out of control and don't give a damn. Other times they freak me out by slowly floating by like a ghost in a Scooby-Doo cartoon. I've started openly rooting for these kids to wipeout and take out a stack of canned corn or take a header into the salad bar. Harsh? Perhaps, but better they crash into the grocer's freezer than me. Oh, and if you know where they sell them in adult sizes, let me know because I'd love a pair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could find them in adult sizes, I'd buy some for my (61 yr old) dad. He's fascinated by them! (They freak me out a little, too.)

The Bass Player's Wife said...

Shoes.com has Heeleys in adult sizes.

Anonymous said...

http://www.journeys.com/catalog_listing.aspx?c=vendors&s=guys/Heelys

this i HAVE to see!