Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vick Not Guilty - Yet.

P.E.T.A needs to start thinking about the ethical treatment of people, as in, remembering that Michael Vick is innocent until proven guilty. Sure, the circumstantial evidence seems quite damning and the list of his past transgressions is pretty long, but he has not been convicted of anything. Don't get me wrong-I think Mike Vick is a an idiot (flipping off his fans, trying to smuggle his bong on a plane, using a fake name to get herpes medicine) and an overated quarterback. I just can't stand the way P.E.T.A. jumps at the opportunity to soak up media attention. They are boycotting Falcons camp and calling on the NFL to discipline Vick when the facts aren't fully known. Dogfighting is dispicable and Vick is quite likely guilty to some, if not a large, degree, but P.E.T.A needs to back off for now. They will likely have a full opportunity to tune Vick up when the facts are revealed.

5 comments:

ROBOTIMMS said...

I understand your view on PETA, they are annoying and beyond, but Vick is scum who deserves to be harrased by them and any other annoying organization on top of whatever other punishment he can be given. I'd like to see him have his testicles eaten off by a pit bull. Innocent until proven guilty, I thought that he was caught red-handed.

Anonymous said...

what sway does PETA have over football fans? calling for a boycott? that's assinine.

Bryan H said...

fill in the blank-

I think he deserves his day in court, but if found guilty they should certainly release the hounds on him. Believe me, I have no love for Michael Vick.

The Bass Player's Wife said...

These federal prosecutors have something around a 95% conviction rate. I strongly suspect that whatever evidence they have on Vick, it is a pretty airtight case.
Having said that, I agree that PETA are, to quote my father, "a bunch of lying vegetarians."

ROBOTIMMS said...

PETA are a bunch of freaks who are basically unable to develop any kind of human relationships. They also go by the ICCCL...thats the International Conglomeration of Crazy Cat Ladies.