Monday, August 27, 2007

Do My Eyes and Ears Deceive Me?

A handful of improbable things that I've seen and heard today:

- Today is Pee Wee Herman's 55th birthday. The word of the day is senior discount.

- Celebrated, notorious fat guy David Wells legged out a bunt single Sunday night. Nice to see a pitcher and a fellow member of the Big Man's Club showing some athleticism.

-Michael Vick spoke to the media after his plea hearing without the aid of a prepared written statement. He appeared to speak from the heart (sorry for the cliche), without notes or a PR spin. I give him big credit for that. He fell short of the hat trick of improbability, however, when he referred to himself in the third person and left the podium without taking questions.

-Alberto Gonzales made a public appearance without uttering the phrase "I don't recall"

It's only 12:20. Who knows what other unbelievable events I will yet witness today.

1 comment:

Angela said...

If you were in my classroom, you could witness all sorts of stuff!!!!