Saturday, November 08, 2008

School of Grace


More observations and lessons learned as I continue serving my first term as Mayor of New Daddy Town:
-The cuter the compliment silkscreened on a onesie (sweet princess, cute little bunny, mommy's buttered biscuit), the likelier it is that the girl wearing it will spit up, poo, or pee all over it.
-Like Amanda's Uncle Bob advised me, ounce for ounce there is no substance on Earth more valuable, no resource more precious than breast milk.

-When my daughter stretches and stirs signaling feeding time she has the exact same herky-jerky dance moves as Elaine Benes on Seinfeld.

-When a crying jag appears to have ended never, ever jinx yourself by saying, "Hey I think she stopped-aw dammit..."

2 comments:

Angela said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy these times together.

Rabid Gerbil said...

Again...thankfully she looks like the wife.

Whew....

:)