Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Something's Fishy.

From the Insubstantial, But Annoying Dept:Riddle me this-Why would Cheesecake Factory put cole slaw on their fish tacos? Was it to cover up the fact that the "grilled" tuna on the tacos appeared to have the flavor boiled right out of it? Or is because carrots and cabbage are things you usually find on tacos? And if one is going to put coleslaw on tacos shouldn't one include that on the list of ingredients (that included every other thing on the plate) in the menu? Have I now asked so many unimportant questions that I have become insubstantial and annoying?

3 comments:

ROBOTIMMS said...

Aww c'mon. You're a Travel Channel/Food Network junkie! I've never had one, but I believe that the slaw is a typical topping of Fish Tacos/Sandwiches in most places, especially in the Carribian. However, your assumption of the flavorless taco is probably more likely given that it's from the Cheesecake Factory. Why would they sell those anyway? I've always wanted to try one, but have yet to. One thing that I really miss is fresh seafood.

Anonymous said...

THE BIGGER ISSUE: If I were going to eat Taco's I would not want to have fish on them...but if I had fish on them I would want cole slaw to cover up the taste of fish.

F. A.

Anonymous said...

As sad as it sounds...Thank god for your blog. I use to read sbynews.blogspot.com but just about every business in Salisbury has blocked it including the board of ed. It's interesting reading and so is your blog. It hasn't been blocked yet so I look forward to reading daily.