Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Goin' Back In Time.

If you had tickets for two round trip rides in a time machine, where would you go? For the sake of the experiment, exclude visiting friends or relatives who have passed because I think that would be an obvious choice for most of us. My first stop would be sometime during the Second Continental Congress when breaking free from England was debated and chosen as a course of action. My second choice may be a bit silly and frivolous because I would be blowing an opportunity to see a time/culture vastly different than ours. However, I would love to have attended the Miracle on Ice at Lake Placid in 1980. Where would your time passport be stamped?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually thought about this one before and I would go back and waylay the guy who interupts Coleridge as he's penning Kubla Khan.

I've never really thought about a second trip before and a whole world of possibilities lay before me. Meeting one or more of the founding Father's is sure to be at the top of the list. So too is the lifting of the siege of Vienna by the Poles in 1683. To see the thousands of Winged Hussars racing down the hills around Vienna would have been a sight to behold.


Aaron K.

Anonymous said...

I'd go back to 1955 and fall in love with your mom. I mean, my mom. I mean; nevermind.