Thursday, May 11, 2017

Waiting to Exhale

Made wary and weary by thirty years of playoff frustration, most Washington Capital fans I know spent Wednesday waiting to exhale.  Would the conclusion of Game 7 bring a resigned sigh nodding to history or a sigh of relief followed closely by a whoop of joy?  I want to write more, I wish I had poetry or beautiful prose to add, but words don't come easy this morning.  Honestly, you can pick about a half dozen of my previous May posts that convey the exact same sentiments if you want to read what I think about Caps playoff flameouts. Failing that you'll have to settle for a little math:
Curse >Mr Game Seven
Fleury>Holtby
Reality>Hope
Hockey gods>My positivity
Sullivan>Trotz
Shaft of Fleury's stick>8's shot
Crosby>Ovechkin
Pens>Caps
History>Caps
30 years>My patience???????

No comments: