Monday, February 27, 2006

Countdown

I have recently been trying to watch more of MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olberman(weeknights 8pm). He first came across my radar when he and Dan Patrick anchored the Sportscenter's Big Show in the mid-90's. They were hilarious together and really took the chemistry and banter to a new level when doing the highlights. Although, they were the forefathers of today's bloated, bad catchphrase, hype machine Sportscenter, so maybe I should hate Keith Olberman instead.

Anyway, on Countdown Olberman covers current events, odd stories and weird events with his sharp wit and slightly demented point of view. He is sarcastic, irritable and often very funny. Sometimes he is a bit sanctimonious and his views run more liberal than mine, but he makes me laugh and even sometimes makes me think. Check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw hell. I thought I was the only one that's been watching Keith that long. :-)

As for the format over at Countdown ... I keep longing to hear him say "Bang".

*cracking up*