Wednesday, July 19, 2006

BREAKING NEWS: THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT!

Is anybody else fed up with cable news and their incredible hype machine mentality?. Lately I've tuned in on my lunch hour to see what's going on in the Middle East and to maybe catch some of the White House press briefing, which I really enjoy. (I know, I'm a nerd.) It seems now that every time I turn on FoxMSHardball360HeadlineWolfBlitzerHappyHour I'm greeted with the ubiquitous BREAKING NEWS graphic splashed across the screen. Let's get this straight: Israel and Hezbollah blowing exploding kisses at each other for the eighth straight day is not breaking news, it's just news. How about saving the BREAKING NEWS banner for when new, important, situation altering info is acquired. You are not "breaking news" if you tell your viewers something they already know or have been watching for hours.

BREAKING NEWS: Tucker Carlson is still a dope even without the bowtie. Duh.

BREAKING NEWS: Angelina Jolie is hot. Duh.

BREAKING NEWS: This post has run on quite long enough. Double Duh.

2 comments:

ROBOTIMMS said...

I sense some serious hostility in you tonight...somebody a little irritable?

Anonymous said...

Maybe somebody at Fox reads your blog because at least they have changed somewhat more urgent news to the Breaking news category as oppossed to the ubiquitous "Fox News alerts" that they run continuously "Fox News Alert." FoxNewsAlert: People still breathing!
They still make me jump after 9/11. but then again I am a Mino-always-prepared-for-disaster-hypocondriac.
As for the eight days this has been going on....try eight centuries. Even the Dem spin-meister could not gag out that this would not have happened if their was a Dem in the White House. All she could manage to spew was that that they would have managed the inevitable disaster much better.