Thursday, April 19, 2007

Razor Held Hostage Day 7:

So I have entered into this deal with Killer and Roberto to not shave our "playoff" beards until someone hoists the Stanley Cup in mid-June. I last shaved on Friday the 13th, appropriate because my fledgling beard is horrific looking. Clearly, I have missed the genetic boat-my dad could grow in seven minutes what I have grown in seven days. At this point I am more Wednesday Addams than Grizzly Adams. I have unwisely started an unnecessary beard with no definitive timetable for shaving. I am the Neocons of facial hair policy. And like my stubborn president I will not be Pelosi'd into shaving too soon.

I think we can stipulate that I am not vain. My crew cut and uniform of a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops proves that fact. I am, however, worried about this look I'm trying to cultivate. Although, my scruff does complement my double chin and the purple circles under my eyes. I call it "convenience store clerk chic". Please say a little prayer to Chuck Norris, Patron Saint of Facial Hair so that my beard fills in and looks halfway respectable. Stay tuned, Photo to follow soon.

3 comments:

ROBOTIMMS said...

May the power of Chuck compel you! May the power of Chuck compel you! May the POWER of CHUCK compel YOU!

Anonymous said...

I know I initially declined the challenge, but I haven't shaved since the 11th. And I'm telling everyone at work what a playoff beard (and anti-playoff beard) is all about.

So I guess I'm in. At least until the Maple Leafs enemies are vanquished.

Angela said...

Hey B! I saw you last night and it didn't look that bad. It actually looks like it's coming in nicely. At least it's a LOT better then your wife RED there! Can you believe she dyed her hair that color? Ha!!