Monday, June 25, 2007

Where Is Trader Joe's When I Need It?

I have concluded that doing our grocery shopping at Wal-Mart is what it must be like to visit a prostitute. You know you shouldn't do it and you know you'll regret it, yet an hour later later you feel empty, you've spent $100 and you have syphillis.

Okay, I may not have contracted syphillis, but I did nearly have a stroke while waiting for the half human-half snail that manned the deli counter to slice my baked ham. The icing on the cake was reaching the cashier with my conveyor belt full only to be told by the cashier that she would be right back because she had to get more bags. Nevermind that the carousel had plenty of bags to contain my products and many more. Never mind that there was nobody in line behind me. Nevermind that you could hustle after those unnecessary bags instead of sauntering across the store. Here's an idea-turn off your light, scan my goods, find more bags that you don't really need, and then turn your light back on. I know, I know ...you get what you pay for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a Trader Joe's right around the corner from us... of course leave your trans-fats at the county line, and prepare to learn the Montgomery County Pledge of Allegiance.

Bryan H said...

I'm jealous, the nearest to us is Annapolis.

Anonymous said...

I want to hear the Montgomery County pledge of Allegience!
Mary

wolske said...

the best thing about TJ's is the chocolate -- they have some 79% and 83% pure chocolate bars -- I think there was a 90+ but it was almost too much.

oh, there vitamin selection and purity is very good (IANA-vitaminologist, but from what I hear). and they don't take up much space -- it's not like you need a Giant-sized facility to house a TJ's. Let's see if we can't franchise them on the Shore...