Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Don't Taze Me, Bro"

How do you feel about the college kid tossed from the Kerry speech for "protesting" too passionately? Some feel he was a free voice unjustly brutalized by overzealous campus cops. Some feel he was a publicity seeking punk who should have buttoned his lip when enough was enough. I tend to split the middle-He was a little disruptive, but I really don't think they needed to blast him with 50,000 volts.


I think most can agree, however, that there is a good chance that "Don't Taze Me, Bro" will be the latest catchphrase sensation to sweep the nation. i think the only hiccup for the burgeoning "Don't Taze Me, Bro" t-shirt and bumper sticker business may be deciding how to spell Taze. I like using the "z". It sounds strong, hinting at danger and action. But I could get on board with using the "s". All I really know for sure is that the video is pretty humorous and seeing it made my Tuesday. See part of the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCBcOQkUNjI

4 comments:

Angela said...

HA!!!!!!!! Thanks for the nice laugh before I hit the bed. I agree, he might have been a little odd but he didn't deserve the "taze". He really didn't get too much out of control until the guards started surrounding him. Man, I wish I could carry a tazzer with me to school :) A

killer said...

good one angela!! MJ could use a little jolt every now and then....
as far as our "out of control" friend that got taZed, i think all the security guards should be taZed by him. he was boisterous, but by no means out of control or dangerous. freedom of speech? police brutality? we have not heard the last of this...

Anonymous said...

O'Reilly at FNC beat everyone to the punch. He has "Don't taze me bro" bumper stickers on his site already with all the proceeds going toward some charity.....no not him....

Personally, after I found out the guy asked someone to film it all beforehand I think he was looking for his 15 min and wanted to be tazed...

Also, think it is pretty darn hilarious that it was during ex-hippie damn the man Kerry's speech that the young liberal in training got tazed by the long arm of the security force.....

ahhhhh I love the smell of hypocrisy in the University....it smells like victory.

OldSchoolD15 said...

I was surprised Brandon hadn't heard of this vid, him being all "hip" with the "internets" and all...

btw this is Patrick, and you have fellow Bryan E. to thank for leading me here.