Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"Deltoids of Compassion"

Big thanks to St4rbux for recommending Dr. Horrible . This web musical stars Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion (from Firefly) as a not-so-successful supervillian and his hero counterpart. Yeah, its a musical, but you'll be laughing so hard at the lyrics, stupid costumes, and bad character names that you won't care. Funny, funny stuff. It reminds me in a lot of ways of Austin Grossman's novel Soon I Will Be Invincible, which is told from the dual perspectives of an always-thwarted evil supergenius and a superheroine trying to crack into the big leagues of superherodom. It's funny and purposely filled with superhero cliches. I have a feeling anybody that has seen/read one of these will like the other. Thanks St4rbux, because with joining Netflix and discovering the wonder of OnDemand, I really didn't need any more media entertainment options.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

other favorite quotes:

"you idiot! you almost killed her!"
"I remember it differently"

"It's curtains for you Dr. Horrible. Lacy, gently wafting curtains."

"The Hammer, is my penis."

"...goodness, look at my wrist. I gotta go!" (seriously, I'm using this line at work)

Penny:"But, he turned out to be totally sweet. Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface."
Dr. Horrible: And sometimes there's a third, even deeper level, and that one is the same as the top surface one. Like with pie."

I could go on and on, but I'd have to watch EpIII again.