Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Somebody Open A Window, I'm Firing Up The Hibachi."

In our continuing preparation for the arrival of Baby Girl Hailey, tonight we took a tour of the labor and delivery pavilion at Anne Arundel Medical Center. They talk about protocols, visitor procedure, show you the delivery rooms, etc. All in all, very informative and worthwhile. Especially the part when our tour guide showed us the area where refreshments were kept for the expectant moms. Our guide, lamenting the fact that these refreshments were for moms only, suggested that expectant dads bring a cooler from home fully stocked with sodas and sandwiches for the long haul. What I heard? HOSPITAL SANCTIONED TAILGATING as I await the birth of our daughter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I have a feeling Amanda might be a little unhappy if she's in labor and you're making her wait while you make a few sandwiches and pack up the cooler.

Bryan H said...

That's what struck me as so funny when the lady was telling us this. I think I can make do with the coffee shop and cafeteria.

Rob said...

but... does the coffee shop serve fresh grilled brats with mustard?

Anonymous said...

Karen just reminded me that I took a coffee press (French press) in with me, and I think I had some Red Bull and diet Coke. yeah, that was all for me.

Karen also said to pack some Betty Crocker near-instant microwave brownie thingies -- the first thing she wanted after the blessed event was some warm chocolate.

If you sneak a hibachi in there, or even a Foreman Grill, you have got to get pictures...

Caitlin Jeanette said...

dress.....$35

wig.......$17

pillow....$9.95



being able to eat in the 'expecting moms only room'... priceless.

Bryan H said...

caitlin-now that's funny

Anonymous said...

You were laughing at needing a pillow to look pregnant, right?

Anonymous said...

now That's funny (Kev).

cruel, but funny.