Monday, November 16, 2009

You Betcha!

So, tonight I was able to read a bit of Sarah Palin's Going Rogue (on shelves Tuesday) and it is awesome. And by awesome, I mean so bad that it's good. Sort of like the Arnold Schwarzenegger classic Commando or a stinky fart. This opinion has nothing to do with political leanings or the book's content, it's all about the writing. It's true that I would rather discover that Glenn Beck is my illegitimate half-brother than spend an afternoon with Sarah Palin, but I might read her book cover to cover. The first paragraph alone is filled with enough cheese ("autumn bouquet", "small town America") to lure me in. I also need to say here, despite the fact that I don't personally care for Mrs. Palin, I hope we sell the shit out of this book. I also hope the publisher has contacted Revlon, because we are going to need more lipstick for this pig.

2 comments:

LetterWriter said...

Wrong......


On.....


Soooooooo many levels........


Why is this the 15 minutes of fame that never, ever goes away?

Anonymous said...

B,

I can almost forgive you for reading the book but can I forgive you for purchasing it? Oh wait - did you purchase it? I think not. Frankly, I hope no one buys it. I will promise to purchase 30 other books from bn next month to help keep them afloat.

Aunt Donna