Thursday, February 23, 2006

A few funny things I saw and heard this week.


These things made me laugh. But I'm a dope, so you may disagree:

1) While watching The Dukes of Hazzard (tv rerun, not movie) I happened to have the sound off, so the closed captions were running on the bottom of the screen. Roscoe P. Coltrain uttered his trademark chuckle(?) which was spelled "GHKUH-GHKUH" on the captioning. I had never considered how this might have been spelled in print, but I cracked up when I saw this. Absurd and hilarious. Yes, it doesn't take much to entertain me.

2) My wife saw a T-shirt that read: Libertarian- No longer voting for the lesser of two evils.

3) Line of the week: Pardon The Interruption co-host Tony Kornheiser, when asked about the absurdity of twelve psychics being brought in to help find a missing show dog:"Twelve psychics- good; big hunk of raw meat- better."

4) Watching Wayne Gretzky spit and stare at the floor, looking like he was going to vomit during the waning moments of Canada's loss to Russia on Wednesday.

No comments: